Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VERY slow Mac Mini late 2014 - barely used

Have a Mac mini that I have only used a handful of times over the years - But I needed a backup while I am in between comps. It is insanely slow. I did the EtreCheckPro scan and it said the hard drive is failing. Am I just out of luck?? I don't have any weird apps or anything. My son had Roblox but I removed it. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated :)

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 9:13 PM

amw1123 Said:

"VERY slow Mac Mini late 2014 - barely used: Have a Mac mini that I have only used a handful of times over the years - But I needed a backup while I am in between comps. It is insanely slow. I did the EtreCheckPro scan and it said the hard drive is failing. Am I just out of luck??[...]"

-------

Verifying a Failing Hard Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode:

1. Hold Down: command + R upon boot.
  2. Go in to: Disk Utilities
  3. Select: the hard drive
  4. Click: First Aid

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2022 9:13 PM in response to amw1123

amw1123 Said:

"VERY slow Mac Mini late 2014 - barely used: Have a Mac mini that I have only used a handful of times over the years - But I needed a backup while I am in between comps. It is insanely slow. I did the EtreCheckPro scan and it said the hard drive is failing. Am I just out of luck??[...]"

-------

Verifying a Failing Hard Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode:

1. Hold Down: command + R upon boot.
  2. Go in to: Disk Utilities
  3. Select: the hard drive
  4. Click: First Aid

VERY slow Mac Mini late 2014 - barely used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.