Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My location is been used

Hi so today something strang happend.

I constantly have the arrow on the top bar of my iPhone that indicates an app using my location.

This never happened befor, i take full advantage of the tools i have to not let applications using my location.

But now even if there is no app opened, and not even running in the background

I still have either hollow or full arrow.

Idont know why. i went and search every app on the location service section,

And restarted my phone but it still there.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 17, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 5:37 AM

If you flip the 'location services' switch do you still have that symbol?

iOS also uses locations for different purposes. These options are under 'system'.

Maybe this information will help you too.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS – Apple Support (UK)

5 replies

Jun 19, 2022 1:40 AM in response to yairhen2

If you go to 'privacy' in settings and choose that for location features you can see exactly which app is using your location.

If you go to 'system' in the same menu you will see an option 'status bar symbol' at the very bottom. Possibly this is turned on?

Jun 19, 2022 5:11 AM in response to Community User

About the location features i deactivate the location completely and the arrow disappeared. so it has to be one of the apps that uses the location privileged that i gave. i went one by one and selected "never" and wated a bit to see what app caused this. but the arrow still is going from full to outlined.

As for the statys bar symbol it always on and this never happened.

My concern is that there is an app or something that triggers my location

My location is been used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.