Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No password provided error message for gmail

I can no longer receive gmail through Apple mail on iPhone. I keep getting an error message that no password is provided but there is a password and it is correct. I have tried all the fixes suggested previously in the forum — restarting phone, re entering the password, deleting the account and recreating it. Please help.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 6:50 AM

As of May 31st Google no longer allows users to authenticate with a username and password. Deleting the Google account from Mail and adding it back should fix the problem, and now use OAuth 2.0 authentication. When you add your Google account back, you will log in with the same dialogue box as when logging into other Google sites.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 6:50 AM in response to lar1234

As of May 31st Google no longer allows users to authenticate with a username and password. Deleting the Google account from Mail and adding it back should fix the problem, and now use OAuth 2.0 authentication. When you add your Google account back, you will log in with the same dialogue box as when logging into other Google sites.

No password provided error message for gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.