Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorising iPad.

I have an old iPad with a screen that does not work. I cannot ask Apple to dispose of it because it is not deauthorised. I cannot deauthorise it because I cannot see it in Music Account any longer. Now I am told to deauthorise ALL my devices, which I cannot do as I am working remotely. Does anyone have a better solution? Tempted to take a hammer to it.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:25 AM

Authorizing/deauthorizing for iTunes purchases applies only to computer, not to iPads. See: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you are referring to associated devices, you can remove them as described in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you are referring to activation lock, see: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2022 9:25 AM in response to Phil_992

Authorizing/deauthorizing for iTunes purchases applies only to computer, not to iPads. See: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you are referring to associated devices, you can remove them as described in Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you are referring to activation lock, see: How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Deauthorising iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.