Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorting by Artist under Genres

Hi,

When browsing music under a given Genre it seems albums are always sorted by Album title. Is there any way to sort them by Artist instead (like it does on iTunes on desktop)?

Thanks

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 9:07 AM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2022 3:47 AM in response to JessS19

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This doesn't exactly address the question. I want to be able to sort Artists by Genre so that I can browse within Genres more easily, particularly if I'm on the go and using the phone via CarPlay for example. The search function isn't helpful in this regard.

It's possible that I'm not explaining the question very well, so I've attached two screenshots to illustrate it. The first shows what iTunes on my PC looks like when I browse under a Genre (in this case Hip Hop) and the second shows what the Music app on my iPhone looks like when browsing under the same Genre:

As you can see in iTunes the music is sorted by Artist name, whereas on the iPhone it is sorted by Album name. I'm not sure why this is the case as it seems more intuitive to sort by Artist. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks!

Jun 19, 2022 9:52 AM in response to Blind_Guardian

Greetings, Blind_Guardian.

Learn how to search for music on your iPhone:

1. "Tap Search, then do any of the following:
    • Tap a category such as Pop or Fitness.
    • Tap the search field, then tap something you recently chose while searching—a song or artist, for example.
    • Tap the search field, tap Apple Music, then enter a song, artist, album, playlist, radio show or episode, station, video, category, curator, record label, or profile.
    • Tap the search field, tap Your Library, then enter a song, album, playlist, artist, video, compilation, or composer.
  1. Tap a result to play it.

" Search for music on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Sorting by Artist under Genres

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.