Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading iMessages on MacBook Interrupted

I opened my Mac after months of not using it to see whether my imessages were coming up on my computer as well. When I opened the messages app it started downloading all of my messages. While downloading I sent a message from my Mac to a friend.The download immediately stopped and hasn't continued. I am getting the new messages my friends are sending but there is a gap between the date that it stopped the download on (May 28th) and today. So all the messages from May 28th till now are no longer downloading.. How can I get it to continue downloading.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 6:29 PM

Have you tried quitting and reopening the Messages application? Tried a restart after quitting the Messages application and then reopening the Messages application? Tried going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and turned Messages sync off for a couple of minutes and then turned it back on?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2022 6:29 PM in response to crystf2004

Have you tried quitting and reopening the Messages application? Tried a restart after quitting the Messages application and then reopening the Messages application? Tried going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina or later) and turned Messages sync off for a couple of minutes and then turned it back on?

Downloading iMessages on MacBook Interrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.