Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i pair an iphone xr with a series 1 apple watch?

when trying to pair my apple watch series 1 with my iphone XR it gets stuck when says watchOS 3.2.2 your apple watch is up to date with all the latest bug fixes and security enhancements.

No other options on the page. I have re started both watch and phone. This happens multiple times.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 3

Posted on Jun 19, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 1:30 AM

It's technically possible to pair a watch 1 or 2 to a newer phone,but in reality this is proving almost impossible for just about all the 1&2 owners on this forum.

Newer phone's require the watch to have updated hardware to cope with ios15 and unfortunately because of the age of these watches the hardware is very limited to what it can do.

Then there is the subject of storage,these watches have very little storage space and the average software update now requires gigabytes of space rather than megabytes and again these watches are very limited with the amount of storage space they have.

It is recommended that even a watch 3 should be unpaired and repaired in order to free up enough space to update.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 1:30 AM in response to jillianej

It's technically possible to pair a watch 1 or 2 to a newer phone,but in reality this is proving almost impossible for just about all the 1&2 owners on this forum.

Newer phone's require the watch to have updated hardware to cope with ios15 and unfortunately because of the age of these watches the hardware is very limited to what it can do.

Then there is the subject of storage,these watches have very little storage space and the average software update now requires gigabytes of space rather than megabytes and again these watches are very limited with the amount of storage space they have.

It is recommended that even a watch 3 should be unpaired and repaired in order to free up enough space to update.

can i pair an iphone xr with a series 1 apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.