Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change a Gmail Apple ID to iCloud.com ID?

Currently, I have two Apple IDs. One with the Gmail domain and another with icloud.com (Both active).

The Gmail one is my primary one and I have spent a lot of money from that account to purchase apps data etc... But now I want to change my Apple ID with my icloud.com email address. And when I tried to change it I received this error which I don't understand (Check Screenshot).

Another question is, after changing the ID, will I lose my purchases? I am changing my Primary/Gmail to icloud.com one.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 10:29 AM

Hello Maahi381,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. The error that you're seeing is expected as Apple ID accounts must remain separate and cannot be merged. You're welcome to create a different iCloud.com email address for your Gmail Apple ID. This will be separate and not linked to the iCloud.com account you already have. Take a look at the following resources for more information:

Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Let us know if you run into any issues. Be sure to include specific error messages and any steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 10:29 AM in response to Maahi381

Hello Maahi381,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. The error that you're seeing is expected as Apple ID accounts must remain separate and cannot be merged. You're welcome to create a different iCloud.com email address for your Gmail Apple ID. This will be separate and not linked to the iCloud.com account you already have. Take a look at the following resources for more information:

Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Let us know if you run into any issues. Be sure to include specific error messages and any steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

How to change a Gmail Apple ID to iCloud.com ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.