Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is frozen and wont restart

My phone screen froze randomly when I was in an app, and it seems that everything works fine but my screen is just frozen. I am able to use my fingerprint to open my phone because I can feel the vibration, but it is still stuck frozen on the app. I am unable to restart, and I tried hard resetting which didn't work since the apple logo did not show. Also, when I click the rest button it does not close all the way you could still see the frozen screen it just looks darker when you click the sleep button.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 2:37 PM

LinneAnne wrote:

My phone screen froze randomly when I was in an app, and it seems that everything works fine but my screen is just frozen. I am able to use my fingerprint to open my phone because I can feel the vibration, but it is still stuck frozen on the app. I am unable to restart, and I tried hard resetting which didn't work since the apple logo did not show. Also, when I click the rest button it does not close all the way you could still see the frozen screen it just looks darker when you click the sleep button.

Follow steps here If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 2:37 PM in response to LinneAnne

LinneAnne wrote:

Follow steps here If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

iPhone is frozen and wont restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.