Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch waterproof?

How long can the Apple Watch be in chlorine water? I swim a lot and my watch lasted only 10 months before the screen went totally black and would not respond or re-charge.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 8:16 PM

Apple does not state a limit.

Apple does state water-resistant, not waterproof.

Per Apple: About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

After swimming, gently rinse Apple Watch Series 2 and newer under lightly running, warm, fresh water. Dry Apple Watch and the band thoroughly afterwards.

…and…

lf your Apple Watch comes in contact with soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, hair dye, or any substance other than water, it should be cleaned with fresh warm water and dried with a lint-free cloth. Chemicals found in these items could negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.

I’d include chlorine in that list of should-be-cleaned-off chemicals.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2022 8:16 PM in response to Clemsongrad77

Apple does not state a limit.

Apple does state water-resistant, not waterproof.

Per Apple: About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

After swimming, gently rinse Apple Watch Series 2 and newer under lightly running, warm, fresh water. Dry Apple Watch and the band thoroughly afterwards.

…and…

lf your Apple Watch comes in contact with soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, hair dye, or any substance other than water, it should be cleaned with fresh warm water and dried with a lint-free cloth. Chemicals found in these items could negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes.

I’d include chlorine in that list of should-be-cleaned-off chemicals.

Watch waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.