Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG cardio fitness

My Apple Watch series 7 will not track anything from cardio fitness. I have everything on and installed. I’ve been trying to find different ways to fix this for the last 2 hours.

Is there a way to get it to work without having to reset my phone like some others have suggested? Or unpairing my watch. I don’t want to lose any data from my workouts.

When others reset they replied it didn’t work so I’d rather not try that. I’m in the US and it’s supposed to be supported here.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 1:06 AM

If you mean VO2Max then;

Possible Solutions for Vo2Max

1.Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

2.Reset fitness calibration.

3.Input a VO2 max figure manually based off your last record from the health app then re-calibrate the watch.

4.Put the watch in airplane mode,do a walking/running or hiking workout of at least 20 minutes,when you've finished turn airplane mode off and let the watch sync the data to the phone.

Other foum members solutions;

Put my phone in airplane mode and made sure that bluetooth also was off. Normal airplane mode won't disable bluetooth if you have an Apple Watch. I checked on the watch that it was completely cut off from the phone.Did a 25 minute outdoor walk.

And that did it! When the walk was finished I had a VO2 Max reading with the watch as data source!

Today I did another walk, the exact same route, but with my watch fully connected to the phone. After the walk I got a new data point, so it seems to be working as it should.

Puzzl1ng

User level:Level 1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 1:06 AM in response to Lookingforanswers1263

If you mean VO2Max then;

Possible Solutions for Vo2Max

1.Tighten the watch band a touch and clean the sensors on the bottom of the watch..

2.Reset fitness calibration.

3.Input a VO2 max figure manually based off your last record from the health app then re-calibrate the watch.

4.Put the watch in airplane mode,do a walking/running or hiking workout of at least 20 minutes,when you've finished turn airplane mode off and let the watch sync the data to the phone.

Other foum members solutions;

Put my phone in airplane mode and made sure that bluetooth also was off. Normal airplane mode won't disable bluetooth if you have an Apple Watch. I checked on the watch that it was completely cut off from the phone.Did a 25 minute outdoor walk.

And that did it! When the walk was finished I had a VO2 Max reading with the watch as data source!

Today I did another walk, the exact same route, but with my watch fully connected to the phone. After the walk I got a new data point, so it seems to be working as it should.

Puzzl1ng

User level:Level 1

ECG cardio fitness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.