Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone, Lost Mode “pending”

My phone got stolen and I marked it as lost the night of. The people who stole my phone constantly send me messages pretending to be Apple (so they have my phone number) and have turned on the iPhone since I see new locations on the find my app but my request to mark as lost is still “pending”. Do they see the message I left? Why is it still pending if it’s been switched on?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:24 AM

Derios,

You can find information about the status of your device when you mark it as lost in the resource provided previously.

When a device is marked as lost, one of these status notes appears below the Mark As Lost section:
Pending: If the device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network when you mark it as lost, Pending appears until the device goes online again.
Activated: Once the device goes online, the device is marked as lost.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 9:24 AM in response to Derios

Derios,

You can find information about the status of your device when you mark it as lost in the resource provided previously.

When a device is marked as lost, one of these status notes appears below the Mark As Lost section:
Pending: If the device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network when you mark it as lost, Pending appears until the device goes online again.
Activated: Once the device goes online, the device is marked as lost.

Take care.

Jun 22, 2022 9:15 AM in response to K_Wall44

Sorry if it was unclear but they are not sending messages FROM my iPhone but rather to my phone number.

my question was regarding why my request to “mark as stolen” is still pending if I’ve received notifications about the iPhone being in a new location/ request to undo my activation lock.

thanks!

Stolen iPhone, Lost Mode “pending”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.