Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover old photos and videos from WhatsApp, which disappeared when I upgraded my phone?

How do I recover old photos and Videos from WhatsApp which I can’t now access after phone upgrade?

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 2:02 AM

WhatsApp data is only part of the backup, created by WhatsApp itself and data like photos and videos are not included in the iOS backup.

If you opted in the WhatsApp settings to save the photos from your chats in your iOS photo app, those photos should be inside the photo app.

Also check this WhatsApp help page about restoring from a backup

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 2:02 AM in response to DNB1_

WhatsApp data is only part of the backup, created by WhatsApp itself and data like photos and videos are not included in the iOS backup.

If you opted in the WhatsApp settings to save the photos from your chats in your iOS photo app, those photos should be inside the photo app.

Also check this WhatsApp help page about restoring from a backup

How do I recover old photos and videos from WhatsApp, which disappeared when I upgraded my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.