📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

Battery life is a combination of many factors, such as how much you use your device and which apps you use. Learn what to do if you think your battery is draining too quickly >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone hack my phone

While I was checking my gmail account two emails were sent to the last person that sent me an email. They were emails with a picture attached to it and had random nonsense words on in the subject line. At the time I didn’t think anything of it. About an hour later I was in notes, I had just paid a bill and I keep track of how much I pay for bills each month in notes. After I put down the amount for my energy bill and checked off that I had paid it for that month I laid my phone down on my lap and I happen to look down and the phrase “That’s to much” was typed right next to the amount of the energy bill… I was immediately freaked out is there anyway someone could be in control of my iPhone?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 5:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 6:18 AM

do you use 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID? Ever gotten the 2fa prompt for an unexplained reason?

Do you share a device or Apple ID with anyone? (Apple IDs should not be shared)

If you go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, I am assuming the switch is turned on for Notes?

What you are describing in Notes sounds like someone else has access to your notes.

For example, I have an iPad and a iPhone.. If I update an iCloud note on one device, the changes would appear on the other device as well.

So.. do you recognize all devices logged into your Apple ID?

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

From there you can remove a device..

But you may want to change your Apple ID password as well.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Regarding the emails, I would still look to google for that one.. change your gmail password.

Do you use the same passwords for multiple accounts? If so, you should not. use unique passwords

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2022 6:18 AM in response to Duigi

do you use 2 factor authentication for your Apple ID? Ever gotten the 2fa prompt for an unexplained reason?

Do you share a device or Apple ID with anyone? (Apple IDs should not be shared)

If you go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, I am assuming the switch is turned on for Notes?

What you are describing in Notes sounds like someone else has access to your notes.

For example, I have an iPad and a iPhone.. If I update an iCloud note on one device, the changes would appear on the other device as well.

So.. do you recognize all devices logged into your Apple ID?

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

From there you can remove a device..

But you may want to change your Apple ID password as well.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Regarding the emails, I would still look to google for that one.. change your gmail password.

Do you use the same passwords for multiple accounts? If so, you should not. use unique passwords

Can someone hack my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.