Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost ALL Saved emails in ALL folders

Recently I have noticed that ALL of my emails that I have saved for the last 5 years have disappeared in ALL of my folders. I have 2 gmail emails and the other one is fine. The one in question had all of my tax information, divorce papers, will etc.. in it. Help!!!!!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:59 AM

Mimis5Girls wrote:

Recently I have noticed that ALL of my emails that I have saved for the last 5 years have disappeared in ALL of my folders. I have 2 gmail emails and the other one is fine.

I have no idea what is "ALL" of my folders...

If other is fine...how is this ALL ? Where(?)

—Favorites?

—Is this "On My Mac" folders saved locally?

Is it a matter of spinning the carrot(?) to reveal ALL the folders...move your mouse to the right side

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can always restore you Mac to just before you issue occurred:

Restore your Mac from a backup

Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

If you value your user data—

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 7:59 AM in response to Mimis5Girls

Mimis5Girls wrote:

Recently I have noticed that ALL of my emails that I have saved for the last 5 years have disappeared in ALL of my folders. I have 2 gmail emails and the other one is fine.

I have no idea what is "ALL" of my folders...

If other is fine...how is this ALL ? Where(?)

—Favorites?

—Is this "On My Mac" folders saved locally?

Is it a matter of spinning the carrot(?) to reveal ALL the folders...move your mouse to the right side

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can always restore you Mac to just before you issue occurred:

Restore your Mac from a backup

Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

If you value your user data—

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

Lost ALL Saved emails in ALL folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.