Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm running MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan on a powerbook built in 2012 which is fairly slow ... is it worth upgrading to a more recent software?

When I try to upgrade software my system says its up to date? yet it's still running El Capitan?

Powerbook

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 7:56 AM

No PowerBooks were built in 2012. Apple discontinued the PowerBook line in 2006.

Link-> Identify your MacBook model - Apple Support

Link-> Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

Link-> Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support

In 2012, it would have been a MacBook Air, Pro or Regular.

Depending on the specific type of MacBook, will be the macOS version you can update to.

MacBook Air 2012 and MacBook Pro 2012 can update to macOS Catalina: link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

No Regular MacBooks were released in 2012, the most recent in 2012 would have been the 2010 model, and can be updated to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 7:56 AM in response to SVP2200

No PowerBooks were built in 2012. Apple discontinued the PowerBook line in 2006.

Link-> Identify your MacBook model - Apple Support

Link-> Identify your MacBook Air model - Apple Support

Link-> Identify your MacBook Pro model - Apple Support

In 2012, it would have been a MacBook Air, Pro or Regular.

Depending on the specific type of MacBook, will be the macOS version you can update to.

MacBook Air 2012 and MacBook Pro 2012 can update to macOS Catalina: link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

No Regular MacBooks were released in 2012, the most recent in 2012 would have been the 2010 model, and can be updated to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. Link-> How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

I'm running MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan on a powerbook built in 2012 which is fairly slow ... is it worth upgrading to a more recent software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.