Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to speedup the uploading to iCloud ?

I have copied all (finally) photos I have into the iCloud and it is going super slow. I though it is stuck and read some articles here about that, but later found out - no, it is uploading...

Now, as you may see, I have 8848 objects to go:

this morning I had 8855. so, it is working somehow, but mainly there are simple photos and short videos. I read the advice about "just wait" but, 7 per day sounds like I will wait it forever.

any solutions or advices about that? I thought - logout and login in iCloud but decided to ask firstly.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 12:59 AM

See the article Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - Pause library uploads to iCloud

set up photo preferences Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

And designate the system photo library System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Read Get help with the Photos app on your Mac - Apple Support

Note : you don't need to sign out Apple ID and again sign in with same credentials in Mac system preferences as the syncing of photos will start from beginning , and more network speed will be required and many days will take to complete the photo syncing .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 12:59 AM in response to Dimansh

See the article Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Read the section - Pause library uploads to iCloud

set up photo preferences Change preferences in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

And designate the system photo library System Photo Library overview for Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Read Get help with the Photos app on your Mac - Apple Support

Note : you don't need to sign out Apple ID and again sign in with same credentials in Mac system preferences as the syncing of photos will start from beginning , and more network speed will be required and many days will take to complete the photo syncing .

How to speedup the uploading to iCloud ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.