Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family share music

How do I share my music library with my son? I've set up family sharing but he is only seeing limited artists.

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:28 AM

Family Sharing shares the subscription to the Apple Music streaming service and any purchases made form the iTunes Store, but does not share your own Music Library directly. That is any music not from the streaming service or purchased from the iTunes Store is not shared. Link-> How to find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If you are sharing the Apple Music streaming service subscription, then he should be able to access the entirety of the Apple Music Catalog from the Listen Now section in the Music app on his devices. Link-> Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

You can use Home Sharing, different to Family Sharing to share an iTunes Library from a computer (Mac or PC) to other devices on the same network. Link-> Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 9:28 AM in response to guinness01

Family Sharing shares the subscription to the Apple Music streaming service and any purchases made form the iTunes Store, but does not share your own Music Library directly. That is any music not from the streaming service or purchased from the iTunes Store is not shared. Link-> How to find your family's shared content - Apple Support

If you are sharing the Apple Music streaming service subscription, then he should be able to access the entirety of the Apple Music Catalog from the Listen Now section in the Music app on his devices. Link-> Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

You can use Home Sharing, different to Family Sharing to share an iTunes Library from a computer (Mac or PC) to other devices on the same network. Link-> Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

family share music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.