Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Management says GarageBand instruments and lessons are using 11.16 GB but there is nothing there

System Preferences says 11.16 GB are being used by GarageBand instruments and lessons

However, I don't see 11.16 GB at "Home > Music", only 1.1 GB

This is all that comes up when I search "GarageBand" on "This Mac"

Also, I do not even have GarageBand installed on the computer

My goal is to remove everything, I need to free up space and no longer want any GarageBand or Logic or Music of any kind related files on the computer.

About this Mac Info

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 10:48 AM

Hi, probably you have some instruments and lessons downloaded on your Mac regardless of that you don't have GarageBand on your Mac, you can try this following steps to helping you solve the problem:

The GarageBands lessons and instruments are installed in this folder:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

Open the folder Library at the top level of your System drive, then the folder "Application Support", then "GarageBand".

Move this folder to the Trash, if it exists.

There may be a similar folder in the Library folder in your Home folder. Remove that as well, if it exists.

~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

Hope this answer will help you

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 10:48 AM in response to MaxPowers84

Hi, probably you have some instruments and lessons downloaded on your Mac regardless of that you don't have GarageBand on your Mac, you can try this following steps to helping you solve the problem:

The GarageBands lessons and instruments are installed in this folder:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

Open the folder Library at the top level of your System drive, then the folder "Application Support", then "GarageBand".

Move this folder to the Trash, if it exists.

There may be a similar folder in the Library folder in your Home folder. Remove that as well, if it exists.

~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

Hope this answer will help you

Storage Management says GarageBand instruments and lessons are using 11.16 GB but there is nothing there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.