Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safe to charge my apple watch with my MacBook pro charger?

Is it safe to charge my apple watch SE with my MacBook Pro charger? I've been using it and it seems to work fine, but I'm afraid it may just be damaging it slowly without obvious signs since my apple charger box is the 87W USB-C power adapter. On the website, I see charging with a mac notebook adapter is fine, but they only list 10W & 12W adapters. Anyone with more knowledge about power adapters able to answer this for me possibly?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 1:08 PM

Essentially any Apple power source and cable that fit into the connectors at either end are compatible and safe to use.

The "charger" for an iOS device is built into the device. It is not the thingy that plugs into the wall, and it is not the cable that connects the thingy that plugs into the wall to the phone. They are just a source of current and a way to get it to the phone, respectively. (Which also applies to the Apple Watch.)

For more info, see:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 1:08 PM in response to Syd_Johnston

Essentially any Apple power source and cable that fit into the connectors at either end are compatible and safe to use.

The "charger" for an iOS device is built into the device. It is not the thingy that plugs into the wall, and it is not the cable that connects the thingy that plugs into the wall to the phone. They are just a source of current and a way to get it to the phone, respectively. (Which also applies to the Apple Watch.)

For more info, see:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Safe to charge my apple watch with my MacBook pro charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.