Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory deficiency in SE

I have the original iPhone SE with 16GB memory. I have deleted all extra apps and now have to regularly offload apps in order to use the phone. This is OK but the apps seem to reinstall themselves in between phone uses. Is there any way, other than deleting the app to prevent it from reinstalling itself? Thanks so much for any suggestions.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 4:56 PM

Insufficient storage is, well, normal for most any 16 GB iPhone.

In the current line-up, Apple doesn’t seem to even sell an iPhone with less than 64 GB.

If there’s another iPad or iPhone involved, yours can be set to automatically install newly acquired apps.

The iPhone should not otherwise re-install deleted apps that are add-ons, or those iOS apps that are removable.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2022 4:56 PM in response to ginasdad

Insufficient storage is, well, normal for most any 16 GB iPhone.

In the current line-up, Apple doesn’t seem to even sell an iPhone with less than 64 GB.

If there’s another iPad or iPhone involved, yours can be set to automatically install newly acquired apps.

The iPhone should not otherwise re-install deleted apps that are add-ons, or those iOS apps that are removable.

Jun 21, 2022 6:38 PM in response to ginasdad

Offloading an app doesn’t and should not re-install the app, absent tapping on the download link. Same as deleting an app.

I suspect you’re headed for a backup and reset and re-install, though the restores can sometimes not fit when storage is tight.

That particularly if there are iOS or app updates involved.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support (links to backup and restore are available there, too)

Then a call to Apple Support, failing that.

Jun 21, 2022 6:26 PM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks for your reply. I am not having a problem with reinstalled apps that are deleted, these are apps that are 'offloaded ' in order to save the memory taken by the app. The data from the app is retained on the phone. I can see these apps being reinstalled on my phone due to the graphics they employ to indicate this process. I have not initiated the process, nor has it been initiated on my other devices. I realize the phone has a very small memory and will be replacing it , but in the meantime I am having to use it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Memory deficiency in SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.