Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Apple TV app is not working. I have free apple tv through T mobile. I did create an apple id. My streaming channels are connected through Roku. I contacted Roku and their suggestion did not work. Roku told me to contact apple for help.

The Apple TV app is not working. I have free apple tv through T mobile. I did create an apple id. My streaming channels are connected through Roku. I contacted Roku and their suggestion did not work. Roku told me to contact apple for help. I have an android samsung smartphone and an android smart tv.

Posted on Jun 21, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 1:24 PM

I am experiencing this as well. I have previously watched a number of things on the apple tv+ app on roku, without issue. I attempted to continue watching severance, and it appears to start, but then stops and says video not available. I've checked my network, and can watch any number of other streaming services on the roku, so it's not my wifi. I've logged out and back in, restarted the roku, removed and reinstalled the app - no success.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 1:24 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I am experiencing this as well. I have previously watched a number of things on the apple tv+ app on roku, without issue. I attempted to continue watching severance, and it appears to start, but then stops and says video not available. I've checked my network, and can watch any number of other streaming services on the roku, so it's not my wifi. I've logged out and back in, restarted the roku, removed and reinstalled the app - no success.

Jun 21, 2022 10:15 PM in response to BreLewis

With the Apple TV app on your Roku smart TV or Roku streaming device, you can access:

Please elaborate about what is not working.

The offer from T-Mobile cover just Apple TV+, not the other content in the Apple TV app.

Sep 11, 2022 10:11 PM in response to Gilmore427

I am having this exact issue. Watched Severance episode 1, and tried to watch episode 2 but received an error that video could not load. I tried other Apple TV shows and received the same error. I can watch the 2nd episode of Severance on my phone. We are using a Roku and I can successfully watch Netflix shows, with no issues; so it is not a connection issues. There seems to be a problem with the Apple TV app on my Roku. I have logged out and logged back in, no change. Any suggestions?

Aug 31, 2022 7:30 AM in response to Kathirid

Does the Apple TV+ app work while playing on a Firestick, Cube, or any of the Amazon Firexx devices. I want to renew my subscription set to expire soon, but will not if it is not compatible with my Firestick tv devices.

The Apple TV app is available on most Fire TV devices, and where it is available, then the services within the app are supported for it. One caveat is that the Apple TV app on Fire TV doesn’t currently support in-app purchases [2]. You’ll have to do any transaction on a different device, then you can watch it on Fire TV.

Aug 29, 2022 7:19 AM in response to BreLewis

I experienced that same inability to launch Apple TV receiving the same errors, but I'm watching on my Firestick. I've worked with Amazon support thinking the issue is with the firestick. Following resetting FS to factory defaults, changing my Apple ID's password I had no success. We can watch on our iPads and iPhones but not on the Firestick. My wife worked with Apple support only to continue to have the same issue.

So I'd like to ask this question and have someone answer it plainly. Does the Apple TV+ app work while playing on a Firestick, Cube, or any of the Amazon Firexx devices. I want to renew my subscription set to expire soon, but will not if it is not compatible with my Firestick tv devices.

The Apple TV app is not working. I have free apple tv through T mobile. I did create an apple id. My streaming channels are connected through Roku. I contacted Roku and their suggestion did not work. Roku told me to contact apple for help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.