Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install Monterey

Hey lifesavers of the apple forums, I just got a 13" mb pro m1. I just can't get macOS Monterey. The update is complete, but it won't move the blue progress bar all the way, and it won't install either. I've tried everything: Downloading from the App Store, from apple.com, and downloading any other software update first. I have enough storage, battery life, and I just can't think of a reason.

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 3:40 AM

There are factors:

1 - Like poor Wifi connection

2 - Slow wifi connection

3 - Too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded

4 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

5 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

6 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

7 - Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

8 - Restart the computer  Safe Mode and try the Software Update Applet in System Preferences

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 3:40 AM in response to TxhxElmessiri

There are factors:

1 - Like poor Wifi connection

2 - Slow wifi connection

3 - Too many other people downloading at the same time and Apple Severs are overloaded

4 - Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

5 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

6 - If via wifi too many Other devices using the wifi at the same time reducing the Bandwidth to your computer. 

7 - Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

8 - Restart the computer  Safe Mode and try the Software Update Applet in System Preferences

Can't install Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.