Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing…

I have some questions about family sharing…

1. does everyone under the family use the same apple ID (like my partner etc)
  2. when giving access to music and other apps, is the content on all devices or is it just the platform is available? for example, will I still have my own music and not my partners
  3. will photos taken on each device appear on every other device or does this get manually shared? reason I ask is because I don’t want a large amount of photos that I don’t want automatically appearing on my phone.

basically all I want to know is does family sharing just give access to apps and subscriptions or does it share EVERYTHING?

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:29 AM

Hello Jesse_1997,

1. No, everyone uses their own Apple ID. As an owner, you add family members. You add them based on their Apple ID.
  2. Everyone has their own music library and storage. As an example, we have an iCloud+ with family sharing. I have in my music app my music and my family member it in her music app. So you can't see from each other what music someone is listening to.
  3. You share storage with each other, but you don't see each other's photos unless you put it in a shared album.

I've posted a few links here to articles that can help you with setup and features.

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support (UK)

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support (UK)

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

I hope this will help you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 9:29 AM in response to jesse_1997

Hello Jesse_1997,

1. No, everyone uses their own Apple ID. As an owner, you add family members. You add them based on their Apple ID.
  2. Everyone has their own music library and storage. As an example, we have an iCloud+ with family sharing. I have in my music app my music and my family member it in her music app. So you can't see from each other what music someone is listening to.
  3. You share storage with each other, but you don't see each other's photos unless you put it in a shared album.

I've posted a few links here to articles that can help you with setup and features.

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support (UK)

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support (UK)

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

I hope this will help you.

Family Sharing…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.