Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

4 of us share an Apple Music subscription.

The head of the family, was using a Samsung phone until today when he got an Ipad.

When we set his account up on the ipad, we went to the photos app (which he obviously didn't have on the Samsung) and all my photos were on his Ipad, even ones that I don't have anymore.

I don't have a shared folder in my photos so how is this happening and how can he have photos of mine that I've deleted a long time ago?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 1:34 PM

5 replies

Dec 25, 2021 3:59 PM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the reply. I have changed the setting Shared Albums to off, I can't check if they'd still be there because I just created him a new apple id forvtge Ipad.

I still don't understand it though, yes, there's a shared album in my photos but it's never had any photos in it, it's always been empty. He didn't download anything either, they all just downloaded automatically when I set it up.

Dec 26, 2021 4:24 AM in response to Kazzyd

No never, it was a brand new ipad yesterday. My daughter was having problems setting it up so I did it when I went down and then they all downloaded into the photo app.

Like I said, he's the family organiser, previously on a Samsung and they don't show up on the other 2 members Iphones 🤷🏻‍♀️

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.