Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6-Digit Passcode for iPhone??

In settings on my iPhone, I continue to get messages regarding a 6-digit passcode that protects my Apple ID, saved passwords, and other data stored in iCloud. It indicates it is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. I have no memory of setting up this passcode. Can anyone please advise? This is maddening!!

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 1:55 PM

ProfessorJackie wrote:

I have no memory of setting up this 6-digit code.

That wasn't the question I asked. Are you signed into your Apple ID on the iPhone?

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

The reason I ask is that I have nothing that says Settings > Apple ID Suggestions > Confirm iPhone passcode.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 1:55 PM in response to ProfessorJackie

ProfessorJackie wrote:

I have no memory of setting up this 6-digit code.

That wasn't the question I asked. Are you signed into your Apple ID on the iPhone?

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

The reason I ask is that I have nothing that says Settings > Apple ID Suggestions > Confirm iPhone passcode.

Jun 22, 2022 9:49 AM in response to ProfessorJackie

AppleID 2 factor authentication codes are 6 digits. They are sent to your trusted device every time you sign your AppleID into an apple service, like iCloud or the App Store. Are you signing your AppleID in and out of some service?

And 2FA codes are not static. They are random 6 digit codes sent to your trusted devices. They expire in just a few minutes and the next one will be a new random code.

6-Digit Passcode for iPhone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.