You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot the password to my locked notes on the note app but when I restarted the password it still required the old password in order to view it, how can I see the notes contents and make a copy of it if it is locked

Is there any way to look at the contents of a locked note if you forgot the password for it

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:04 PM

With every other app and even with an Apple ID there is an option to recover a forgotten password. I would like to encourage Apple to rectify the problem of forgotten passwords with Notes. I didn't realize FaceID could fail with a note and have lost a very important note as a result.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 11:04 PM in response to KiltedTim

With every other app and even with an Apple ID there is an option to recover a forgotten password. I would like to encourage Apple to rectify the problem of forgotten passwords with Notes. I didn't realize FaceID could fail with a note and have lost a very important note as a result.

I forgot the password to my locked notes on the note app but when I restarted the password it still required the old password in order to view it, how can I see the notes contents and make a copy of it if it is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.