Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a tracking device on my phone. Is this phone being tracked??

Is my phone being tracked

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 9:14 PM

FluffyCuddles17 Said:

"Is there a tracking device on my phone. Is this phone being tracked??: What is Airtag"

-------

About AirTags:

1. Go Here: Set Up your AirTag Using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "With AirTag, you can keep track of everyday items like your keys or a backpack. Learn how to set up your AirTag with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 9:14 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

FluffyCuddles17 Said:

"Is there a tracking device on my phone. Is this phone being tracked??: What is Airtag"

-------

About AirTags:

1. Go Here: Set Up your AirTag Using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "With AirTag, you can keep track of everyday items like your keys or a backpack. Learn how to set up your AirTag with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch."

Jun 22, 2022 8:14 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

FluffyCuddles17 Said:

"Is there a tracking device on my phone. Is this phone being tracked??: Is my phone being tracked"

-------

Hardware? Maybe an AirTag.

Software?:

Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 23, 2022 1:08 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

Are you sharing an Apple ID with anyone? That is about the only way they can access your photos, and then only if you sync them to iCloud. go to Settings/Your name and you can see a list of any devices that share your Apple ID. You can also tap on those devices and remove them from your Apple ID. After doing that change your Apple ID password→Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Jun 23, 2022 1:29 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

The fact that you are on a cellular network account with your husband does not give him any access to your phone at all, except to see a list of the calls you make. That’s it.

The ONLY way they can see or delete the pictures on your phone is if they have access to your Apple ID and you sync photos to iCloud. Did you do what I suggested:

go to Settings/Your name and you can see a list of any devices that share your Apple ID. You can also tap on those devices and remove them from your Apple ID. After doing that change your Apple ID password→Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

You should also review this→Device and data access when personal safety is at risk - Apple Support

Jun 23, 2022 2:00 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

• Unlock your phone with the passcode or your fingerprint
  • Do you see an icon called Settings? Tap on it
  • At the top of the screen is the name of the Apple ID account owner - tap on that
  • Look at the resulting screen - you should see something like this:

The devices in the red square are devices that can share your photos and other content. If there is more than one, tap on each except for the first (which is your iPhone), wait for the screen to update and then scroll down and tap on Remove from Account.

Oh, and I’m almost 20 years older than you. Age is not a factor.

Jun 23, 2022 12:54 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I’m Just trying to figure out how my daughter is able to get into my phone and delete pictures screenshots pictures that I had taken of my husband and another woman and I haven’t seen my daughter in months and I’ve never have ever given her my password I’ve had found my husband on Facebook and I clicked onto his picture and I was looking through his pages and I saw him with this other woman so I screenshot the pictures of them together and I had posted one out on Facebook myself to show everyone that I had caught my husband with another woman well about ten minutes later I went to look back on my phone of all of the screenshots pictures that I had taken and they were not there anymore so what happened to them where did they go how or who could of taken thoses pictures from me no one has my password or pass code to open my phone and furthermore I haven’t seen anyone in over a year so please explain why and how to me if you could please. Thanks

Jun 23, 2022 1:23 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

The only thing that I know is that my husband is still over my account with T-Mobile they want remove him I pay my bill and I have never given him my password or codes and I’m the one that has bought this phone but he is still consider the head of the account with T-MOBILE so is this how he and my daughter is somehow getting into my phone and my pictures and delete them from my phone ???

Jun 23, 2022 1:44 PM in response to FluffyCuddles17

I’m a 60 year old woman and I’m from the Beeper Ara I don’t understand how to look up things in my settings or in my phone if I were to try I’d know that I would do something wrong delete something that makes my phone work and this phone is all I have and I’m here left alone and I’m scared I have no one to help me so I just sit right here alone and scared and I’m disabled as well.

Is there a tracking device on my phone. Is this phone being tracked??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.