Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS problem Monterey

I upgraded to Monterey few hours ago. Since then my Mac book air keep going off few mins after logging “mac air 2017”

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:47 AM

blackmia wrote:

I upgraded to Monterey few hours ago. Since then my Mac book air keep going off few mins after logging “mac air 2017”

Going off how(?)

while you are in the middle of doing work it goes black, goes through a shut down process, or logs you out...

upgraded from what macOS to Monterey ?

Can you do a —SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 8:47 AM in response to blackmia

blackmia wrote:

Going off how(?)

while you are in the middle of doing work it goes black, goes through a shut down process, or logs you out...

upgraded from what macOS to Monterey ?

Can you do a —SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

Jun 24, 2022 7:13 AM in response to blackmia

Is there any Error Message presented when the computer is turned on again ?

If so, what is the message saying.

1 - Restart in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - Sometimes a Safe Boot followed by a Normal Boot will just put things right.

Jun 24, 2022 7:45 AM in response to blackmia

blackmia wrote:

I use safe mood to put on the Mac and it did not go off , but when I restart and go off from safe mood it went off

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

There seems to a software modification (extension, launch agent or daemon) that is causing a problem. These modifications are not loaded when the Mac is started in Safe Mode.

MacOS problem Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.