Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does this type of hookup exist?

I have a new iPad Pro 11 inch that I keep in a case to protect it. I have been looking for a hub with a usb c extension (to keep it in the case) that has audio, usb and hdmi hookups. Although I’ve found some prospects, I would still need a way to charge the iPad while using the adapter. Is there a way to do this without the expense of purchasing a docking station?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 9:27 AM

Not sure what you classify a docking station, and how it may be different to a Hub. Normally those 2 terms would be interchangeable in most cases.

There is this which has the HDMI, 3.5mm audio and USB ports as well as the extension cable: link-> USB C Hub, Type C Adapter, Falwedi 10-in-1 Dongle with Ethernet, 4K@30Hz HDMI, VGA, 3 USB3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, Audio, USB-C PD 3.0 - Amazon.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 9:27 AM in response to KayJay99

Not sure what you classify a docking station, and how it may be different to a Hub. Normally those 2 terms would be interchangeable in most cases.

There is this which has the HDMI, 3.5mm audio and USB ports as well as the extension cable: link-> USB C Hub, Type C Adapter, Falwedi 10-in-1 Dongle with Ethernet, 4K@30Hz HDMI, VGA, 3 USB3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, Audio, USB-C PD 3.0 - Amazon.com

Jun 23, 2022 8:56 AM in response to KayJay99

Your specific combination of ports isn’t necessarily easy to procure - but of options that are available you might consider a Kingston Nucleum USB-C hub - to which you would need to add an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Adapter. Both can be used individually, or together, without removing your iPad’s case; both have a USB-C pigtail connector to connect to the iPad.

With many USB-C hubs, such as the Kingston, you can (and should) connect your USB-C Power Adapter to the hub’s USB-PD (Power Delivery) pass-though port. If you intend to simultaneously use the 3.5mm Headphone adapter, this is connected to the Kingston hub’s downstream USB-C port. In addition to a USB-PD, downstream USB-C and HDMI ports, the Kingston hub also features two USB3.1 Type-A ports plus SD and microSD card reader slots.

Kingston Nucleum

https://www.kingston.com/unitedkingdom/en/memory-card-readers/nucleum-usb-type-c-hub

USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MU7E2ZM/A

Be aware that most USB-C to HDMI Adapters/Hubs do not support HDCP - which may be an issue if you intend to mirror your iPad display to an external monitor or TV.

Apple do market their own USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (which does support HDMI/HDCP) - but lacks a 3.5mm Headphone jack.

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MUF82ZM/A

Does this type of hookup exist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.