Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I spilled coffee on my Mac, some keys are sticky, what should I do?

I accidentally spilled coffee on my MacBook Pro 13” a little bit and I cleaned it with tissue and a wipe while the MacBook was on. After cleaning it, nothing happened but some keyboards on the left side are sticky. What should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 9:57 AM

tojin wrote:

I accidentally spilled coffee on my MacBook Pro 13” a little bit and I cleaned it with tissue and a wipe while the MacBook was on. After cleaning it, nothing happened but some keyboards on the left side are sticky. What should I do?

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Liquid damage tends to get worse over time not better...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 9:57 AM in response to tojin

tojin wrote:

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have AppleCare+ it will cover a large portion of accidental damage.

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Liquid damage tends to get worse over time not better...

I spilled coffee on my Mac, some keys are sticky, what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.