Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipast half hour, it still says “8 minutes remaining” and it’s said that for the past almost 20 mins. how do i get it to just hurry up and back up already?

i’ve been trying to back up my phone for the last half hour, it still says “8 minutes remaining” and it’s said that for the past almost 20 mins. how do i get it to just hurry up and back up already?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 10:43 AM

Nothing you can do to hurry it up. It will either finish eventually or error out. My guess it will finish giving it time. Your cellular/Wi-Fi connection could be slow or the Apple iCloud server could be overwhelmed or iCloud server could have gone down. You can check the status of all Apple services at Apple - Support - System Status let me know if you still have problems

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 10:43 AM in response to David-G-H-

Nothing you can do to hurry it up. It will either finish eventually or error out. My guess it will finish giving it time. Your cellular/Wi-Fi connection could be slow or the Apple iCloud server could be overwhelmed or iCloud server could have gone down. You can check the status of all Apple services at Apple - Support - System Status let me know if you still have problems

ipast half hour, it still says “8 minutes remaining” and it’s said that for the past almost 20 mins. how do i get it to just hurry up and back up already?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.