Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete an application in my mac computer

how can I delete an application in my mac computer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 2:08 PM

Check with the Developer of this Application(s) for the Specific Instruction(s) to remove their software.

The above will only apply to Third Party Software

If the user is referring to Applications which are built into the Operating System, like News, Podcasts, Music, TV etc - these Application can not be removed or deleted. - period. They can be removed from the Dock but will still be present in the Application folder.

Apple Applications like Pages, Number, Keynote, Garageband and iMove can be removed. In Applications folder >> Right click the icon and a sub-menu will present. Choose Remove

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2022 2:08 PM in response to Laury99

Check with the Developer of this Application(s) for the Specific Instruction(s) to remove their software.

The above will only apply to Third Party Software

If the user is referring to Applications which are built into the Operating System, like News, Podcasts, Music, TV etc - these Application can not be removed or deleted. - period. They can be removed from the Dock but will still be present in the Application folder.

Apple Applications like Pages, Number, Keynote, Garageband and iMove can be removed. In Applications folder >> Right click the icon and a sub-menu will present. Choose Remove

how can i delete an application in my mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.