Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage to MacBook Air with Applecare +

My MacBookAir will not start up after a coffee spill this morning. I have Applecare + and am taking it to genius bar tomorrow. It appears the max charge to me would be $299 plus tax (for Tier 2 damage). Does that sound correct?

MacBook, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 4:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 6:20 PM

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. AppleCare+ does cover damages caused by liquid contact from spills (but not submerged in liquid): 

"3.2 Services for Accidental Damage from Handling (“ADH Service”)

If during the Plan Term you submit a valid claim notifying Apple that the Covered Device has failed due to accidental damage from handling resulting from an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and damages caused by liquid contact from spills) (“ADH”), Apple will, at its discretion and subject to the service fee described below, either (i) repair the defect using new or previously used Apple genuine parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements, or (ii) exchange the Covered Device with a replacement product that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used Apple genuine parts and has been tested and passed Apple functional requirements."

There is an additional cost of $299.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/2205/220606_applecareplusmac_us.pdf

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2022 6:20 PM in response to bivster

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. AppleCare+ does cover damages caused by liquid contact from spills (but not submerged in liquid): 

"3.2 Services for Accidental Damage from Handling (“ADH Service”)

If during the Plan Term you submit a valid claim notifying Apple that the Covered Device has failed due to accidental damage from handling resulting from an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g., drops and damages caused by liquid contact from spills) (“ADH”), Apple will, at its discretion and subject to the service fee described below, either (i) repair the defect using new or previously used Apple genuine parts that have been tested and pass Apple functional requirements, or (ii) exchange the Covered Device with a replacement product that is new or comprised of new and/or previously used Apple genuine parts and has been tested and passed Apple functional requirements."

There is an additional cost of $299.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/2205/220606_applecareplusmac_us.pdf

Water damage to MacBook Air with Applecare +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.