Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green dot beside firefox icon in dock

Notice the dot next to the Firefox icon in the dock. Running Firefox 100.0.1 on MBP, OS 11.6.7. Found the only way to get rid of the green dot was to do a shut down and restart. Now as far as I can see no app has any rights to my camera or microphone.

Just wondered if anyone else is noticing this.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 2:24 AM

freakie wrote:

Notice the dot next to the Firefox icon in the dock. Running Firefox 100.0.1 on MBP, OS 11.6.7. Found the only way to get rid of the green dot was to do a shut down and restart. Now as far as I can see no app has any rights to my camera or microphone.

Q - " Notice the dot next to the Firefox icon in the dock "

A - A Green light in the Dock would not indicate the Camera was in use.

A - To verify Firefox has not been given Permission to use Camera or Microphone >> If Firefox Listed in either of the two Categories

Refer to below image

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 2:24 AM in response to freakie

freakie wrote:

Q - " Notice the dot next to the Firefox icon in the dock "

A - A Green light in the Dock would not indicate the Camera was in use.

A - To verify Firefox has not been given Permission to use Camera or Microphone >> If Firefox Listed in either of the two Categories

Refer to below image

Green dot beside firefox icon in dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.