Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync Calendar and Contacts on new Windows 11 PC

I am unable to sync my Calendar and Contacts to or from my new Windows 11 PC. I have set up iCloud on it and syncing to Outlook is turned on and the iCloud Calendar and Contacts come up

in Outlook, but nothing is syncing.  I have tried signing out and in again and although it picks up the latest entries, it does not continue to do so. I am also unable to set up my iCloud email account using my Apple id. In the iCloud menu on the Outlook ribbon, it says Wrong password, but I have entered the password that I use for all my other Apple log-ins.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 12:41 AM

Check here ⤵️

Can't sync calendar and contacts with my phone or tablet

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/can-t-sync-calendar-and-contacts-with-my-phone-or-tablet-8479d764-b9f5-4fff-ba88-edd7c265df9f

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/resolve-sync-issues-in-mail-and-calendar-apps-in-windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

See also -> Set up iCloud for Calendar on all your devices

Set up iCloud for Calendar on all your devices – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 5:56 PM in response to Mermicred1

Further to my last message, I have now successfully set up my iCloud email account but still can't sync my Calendar and Contacts. I have signed in and out of iCloud several times but just can't get it to sync. I have checked my account details and my data file is selected as the Outlook.pst that I have always used and in the correct location. It must be something to do with the 'Wrong Password' message on the iCloud tab in Outlook but can't understand that as I have no problems signing into Apple in any other locations. Sync works all my other devices, iPhone, iPad and Windows 11laptop.

Jun 25, 2022 12:16 AM in response to Raicya

Thanks for your reply and have tried the suggestions before. What surprises me is that it says sync does not work with POP accounts and that is what my main email is, and I have been successfully syncing since my first iPhone (iPhone 4). I have Windows 11 on my laptop and also my previous PC and with no problems syncing with those computers. I think the problem lies with it not being open my iCloud email account in Outlook. I never use this email and set it up on my first iPhone many years ago. I enter the email address under new account and when it goes to the password, I enter my current Apple one, but it fails every time. I have even tried using my original password with no success and I think that this must be where the problem lies as I sent a screenshot with my first email with a message on the iCloud tab in Outlook saying Wrong Password. I have checked all the settings on my laptop which does sync and my iCloud email account shows up on my accounts list although it won't let me send emails. One thing I do notice is under Calendar where it says Calendar from iCloud, it is followed by - iCloud in a different font and the same with contacts. The new PC doesn't have these suffixes.

Unable to sync Calendar and Contacts on new Windows 11 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.