Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook screen yellow spots

My MacBook Pro (15” 2018) has been displaying yellow dots in different places on the display. I went to the Genius to get support but they refused to give any help even though the expert admitted she had seen the exact same problems with this model before. Is seems like a hardware problem courses by the manufacture and that Apple are aware of it but does not offer support? I bought the MacBook only 2,5 years ago - working as a graphic designer with a messed up display of colors, useless. This is pretty disappointing by the standards of Apple to be honest. Anyone managed to get help with this issue?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 3:12 AM

Apple's well documented policy is a one year warranty and an extended care warranty if the user chooses to buy it. There is no workarounds.

If your Mac is not warranty covered, the Genius has no choice other than to require you pay for repairs or replacements. That's standard business policy for many, many companies ... most likely all that are in business to make profit.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 3:12 AM in response to malte49

Apple's well documented policy is a one year warranty and an extended care warranty if the user chooses to buy it. There is no workarounds.

If your Mac is not warranty covered, the Genius has no choice other than to require you pay for repairs or replacements. That's standard business policy for many, many companies ... most likely all that are in business to make profit.

Macbook screen yellow spots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.