Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my iphone started to show that it has Carrier SIM card locked, although it's not.

Why my iphone started to show that it has Carrier SIM card locked, although it's not. I can use it normally, with any carrier or even without any sim card. But a cannot set up a eSim. While trying to set up a Esim, it says something like ''you cannot use another carrier provider" Iphone 12 A2172, IOS 15.5.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:00 AM

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 7:00 AM in response to Vcm1444

To use two different carriers, your iPhone must be unlocked. Otherwise, both plans must be from the same carrier. If a CDMA carrier provides your first SIM, your second SIM won't support CDMA. Contact your carrier for more information. 

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, check with your company administrator to see if they support this feature.

Why my iphone started to show that it has Carrier SIM card locked, although it's not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.