Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see all my past posts on the community, along with the thread replies - not just recent ones

Hi

Question on how to use this support community.

How do I see all my past posts on the community, along with the thread replies - not just recent ones

I want to see an answer someone gave to a question I asked a few years ago...

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 7:59 AM

If you need to go farther back, you will need to you a regular search engine with a site-delimited search string. Try this search string that limits the search to a username, year, and Apple Support Communities:

Username +"username”+"2010" site:discussions.apple.com

Replace "username" that is in quotes with yours, but keep the quotes. If you do not need a date search, leave that part out. You can add a subject in the same way the year is added in the example:

Username +"username”+"reset NRVAM"+"2010" site:discussions.apple.com

This is one of the busiest forums on the internet with millions of users worldwide. I believe the sheer volume of posts stored is why we see the limitation on in-forums searches.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 7:59 AM in response to jhrichmond

If you need to go farther back, you will need to you a regular search engine with a site-delimited search string. Try this search string that limits the search to a username, year, and Apple Support Communities:

Username +"username”+"2010" site:discussions.apple.com

Replace "username" that is in quotes with yours, but keep the quotes. If you do not need a date search, leave that part out. You can add a subject in the same way the year is added in the example:

Username +"username”+"reset NRVAM"+"2010" site:discussions.apple.com

This is one of the busiest forums on the internet with millions of users worldwide. I believe the sheer volume of posts stored is why we see the limitation on in-forums searches.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.