Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find the "Recently Deleted" folder in my photos application. Help!

Hi, I'm having trouble finding the "Recently Deleted" folder in my photos application. I just deleted many pictures and would like to get the off my MacBook in order to free some space. Help is appreciated, thank you! :)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 10:07 AM

End of the global menu section, upper left. I think it is there only if there have been photos deleted recently-- it can't be empty. If you don't see it, maybe you didn't really delete the photos?

For instance, if you select a picture and hit delete, it only deletes the photo from that album-- it doesn't remove it from the library or move it to "Recently Deleted." To delete a picture, you can select it and then hit command-delete. That will move the photo to "Recently Deleted."

And if you delete an album, it doesn't delete any photos at all-- just its internal list of the pictures that belonged in that album. You can select-all the pictures in the album and hit command-delete to move all those pictures to "Recently Deleted."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2022 10:07 AM in response to ibu800

End of the global menu section, upper left. I think it is there only if there have been photos deleted recently-- it can't be empty. If you don't see it, maybe you didn't really delete the photos?

For instance, if you select a picture and hit delete, it only deletes the photo from that album-- it doesn't remove it from the library or move it to "Recently Deleted." To delete a picture, you can select it and then hit command-delete. That will move the photo to "Recently Deleted."

And if you delete an album, it doesn't delete any photos at all-- just its internal list of the pictures that belonged in that album. You can select-all the pictures in the album and hit command-delete to move all those pictures to "Recently Deleted."

I can't find the "Recently Deleted" folder in my photos application. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.