Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my new iPad hot and the battery drains so fast

Why is my new iPad Pro so hot and the battery drains quickly

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 1:03 AM

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm when being used - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. Should you iPad become very hot when being lightly used in cool ambient conditions - and this coincides with unexpectedly high battery consumption - this may indicate an abnormal condition that requires investigation.

You should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 1:03 AM in response to olufunke1100

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm when being used - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. Should you iPad become very hot when being lightly used in cool ambient conditions - and this coincides with unexpectedly high battery consumption - this may indicate an abnormal condition that requires investigation.

You should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP), where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Why is my new iPad hot and the battery drains so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.