Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vibration not functioning

Vibration not functioning on my iPhoneXS after the update to iOS 15.5. Could this be a glitch or did my vibration motor die? Phone has been reset and all setting confirmed to have the vibration on. There is no vibration when the silent mode toggle is moved back and forth.

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:58 PM

emedina8705 Said:

"Vibration not functioning on my iPhoneXS after the update to iOS 15.5. Could this be a glitch or did my vibration motor die? Phone has been reset and all setting confirmed to have the vibration on. There is no vibration when the silent mode toggle is moved back and forth."

-------

Check your Sound Settings:

Go Here: If you Hear No Sound or Distorted Sound from your iPhone. Seems, the most obvious solution is disabling the Ring/Silent switch.

• Check: your sound settings
  • Check: sound with an app
  • Plug: headphones into your device
  • Turn off: Bluetooth
  • Restart: your device
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 8:58 PM in response to emedina8705

emedina8705 Said:

"Vibration not functioning on my iPhoneXS after the update to iOS 15.5. Could this be a glitch or did my vibration motor die? Phone has been reset and all setting confirmed to have the vibration on. There is no vibration when the silent mode toggle is moved back and forth."

-------

Check your Sound Settings:

Go Here: If you Hear No Sound or Distorted Sound from your iPhone. Seems, the most obvious solution is disabling the Ring/Silent switch.

• Check: your sound settings
  • Check: sound with an app
  • Plug: headphones into your device
  • Turn off: Bluetooth
  • Restart: your device

Jun 25, 2022 10:03 PM in response to emedina8705

emedina8705 Said:

"Thank you for the advice The Littles, I followed it but it did not resolve the issue."

-------

You are welcome.

Not sure then, other than reporting this to Apple. Seems to be a bug I've read on these forums for the last day, or so.

Give Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Vibration not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.