Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it's safe to delete macOSMonterey file installer after i have configurated it? (12gb)

it's safe to delete macOS Monterey file installer (12gb) after i have configured it successfully?

can i deleted it by my Finder after i have correctly configured it? or it's must to hold sill there?

can i delete it without trouble? i think that i have 3 useless files: macOS High Sierra (5,21 GB) + macOS Mojave (6,03GB) + macOS Monterey (12,27 GB), i want to free space on my MAc but i've so much ferar to making trouble in the software.. I am very afraid of compromising the functioning of my mac.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 7:40 AM

nazarena1977 wrote:

it's safe to delete macOS Monterey file installer (12gb) after i have configured it successfully?
can i deleted it by my Finder after i have correctly configured it? or it's must to hold sill there?
can i delete it without trouble? i think that i have 3 useless files: macOS High Sierra (5,21 GB) + macOS Mojave (6,03GB) + macOS Monterey (12,27 GB), i want to free space on my MAc but i've so much ferar to making trouble in the software.. I am very afraid of compromising the functioning of my mac.

There is no need for it if it has installed...

Delete it like any other application in your Application folder.

Typically the installer.app automatically delete themselves after installation— I have no explanation for why it did not.

>About this Mac> will tell you your current macOS.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Get to know the Finder on your Mac

Get to know the Finder on your Mac - Apple Support

See and organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple ...

Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 7:40 AM in response to nazarena1977

nazarena1977 wrote:

There is no need for it if it has installed...

Delete it like any other application in your Application folder.

Typically the installer.app automatically delete themselves after installation— I have no explanation for why it did not.

>About this Mac> will tell you your current macOS.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4

Get to know the Finder on your Mac

Get to know the Finder on your Mac - Apple Support

See and organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple ...

Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

it's safe to delete macOSMonterey file installer after i have configurated it? (12gb)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.