Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert Pages to Word

I have some documents in Pages that I need to send to someone using Word. How can I do that?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 9:06 AM

Open the document in Pages and then in the Pages File menu select Export to > Word.

2 replies

Jun 26, 2022 11:31 AM in response to jwyatt45

What FoxFifth says, plus:

Pages is not a Word clone. Exporting the Pages document to Word's file format requires translation of the document from one file format to another. The feature set of the two applications is different, meaning the converted document may not have the same appearance as the original.

If you need to do this on a regular basis, you may find it more productive to install Word on your Mac, or to use one of the open source 'office' applications such as LibreOffice for this task.

Regards,

Barry

How to convert Pages to Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.