Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer a word doc to Pages from my email?

I need to know how to do this. I want to put a word do from my email into Pages so I can work on it.

Mac mini (2023 with M2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 7:35 PM

In Apple Mail, select the message with the Word attachment, right-click on the attached Word document and from the secondary menu choose Open with > Pages. Or, Save Attachment… and open it later in Pages. The Word document will be translated into Pages internal document format (.pages) and the original Word document remains unchanged.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 7:35 PM in response to Mimalamami

In Apple Mail, select the message with the Word attachment, right-click on the attached Word document and from the secondary menu choose Open with > Pages. Or, Save Attachment… and open it later in Pages. The Word document will be translated into Pages internal document format (.pages) and the original Word document remains unchanged.

Mar 6, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Mimalamami

Hi, in my experience Word documents tend to open easily in Pages, but Pages documents do not open well in Word.

If you want to open a Word document in Pages, you can just select the Open With Pages, in the manner that the previous response mentioned, because your document would tend to open with whatever default program you have to open that type of file unless you specify to open it with Pages by right clicking and selecting "Open With."

I just wanted to add to this that if you ever want to open a Pages document in Word, the trick is to make sure to export it to the file format that Word will open, such as File / Export to / Word or File / Export to / Rich Text Format and this is important to know before you send the document to someone who does not have Pages.

Hopefully this is helpful for you.

Transfer a word doc to Pages from my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.