Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone Quickstart / Full Support Manual

Just purchased a new iPhone - my first. But the box was empty of documentation. No welcome pack, no Quickstart, no User Manual. Now I hear that I must purchase these, as if the price of the phone wasn't high enough. Am beginning to wish I'd gone back to a Doro.

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 12:59 PM

If it was truly a new phone that information would be in the box, in a white cardboard sleeve. the user manual is online and also available in the Apple Books app on your phone. All of the documentation and manuals is free, as is technical support from Apple using the Get Support link at the top of this page, and from other users in the forum you posted to.

But here is a link to quick start→Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 12:59 PM in response to Harlington

If it was truly a new phone that information would be in the box, in a white cardboard sleeve. the user manual is online and also available in the Apple Books app on your phone. All of the documentation and manuals is free, as is technical support from Apple using the Get Support link at the top of this page, and from other users in the forum you posted to.

But here is a link to quick start→Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 26, 2022 1:51 PM in response to Harlington

You don’t need an Apple device to go to either of these links:

The full user manual; just click on this link→iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

How to set up an iPhone; just click on this link→Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

NEITHER OF THESE LINKS REQUIRES AN IPHONE OR ANY OTHER APPLE DEVICE. THEY JUST REQUIRE ANY COMPUTER WITH A WEB BROWSER.

Jun 26, 2022 1:39 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Many thanks for the response, and the links. I have seen them before. They are a summary of the full User Guide PDF. I cannot use another Apple device to help set up my new iPhone. No-one I know is stupid enough - like me - to purchase anything Apple. So far I've wasted 3 days trying to set up this piece of over-complex crap. If I can't get the ****** thing to wotk, how can I use it to read the User Guide? How can I browse 700 pages of PDF when the text is so small as to be unreadable. No this crap is destined for the Council's wheelie bin. The cost will be written off as 'lost' from the grand-kids inheritance. I shall go back to Samsung or Doro - at least these always worked first time.

New iPhone Quickstart / Full Support Manual

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.