Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple Watch to the Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV Not Working

I read through a post just like this that was posted in January of this year and I have reset my apple TV, restarted both the TV and my Apple watch, force closed all the apps on my Apple TV and I am STILL having problems connecting the Apple Fitness+ on my Apple TV to my Apple watch. In addition, all software on both TV and watch are up to date.

Here is what happens:

1. Open fitness app on TV and it asks me to open the workout app on my watch.
  2. When I do this, it starts to pair and then the little icon just sits there and spins and spins.

I know, a few calls were put in to Apple Support regarding this issue. Was this issue ever corrected on Apple’s end or are we still waiting for a solution?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:09 PM

Verify that your Apple Fitness+ subscription is active and ongoing. The service is only available to subscribers.

Verify if the active account on the Apple TV box is a subscriber. Switch accounts if needed before launching the app.

Workout on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 11:09 PM in response to Jdawnm66

Verify that your Apple Fitness+ subscription is active and ongoing. The service is only available to subscribers.

Verify if the active account on the Apple TV box is a subscriber. Switch accounts if needed before launching the app.

Workout on Apple TV - How to use Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Jul 4, 2022 9:49 AM in response to Jdawnm66

I finally got it working by doing the following:

1. Reset my Apple TV
  2. Restart Apple Watch

When I first reset my Apple TV and tried to connect, I entered the code the Fitness App provided in order, but the little wheel just kept spinning, so I cancelled the connection. I then restarted Apple TV AND my Apple Watch and tried again. This worked and I am now able to connect consistently.

Connecting Apple Watch to the Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.