Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there not a link here to the information about how to forward messages from an iPhone to a Mac?

The information on the support page for "can't receive messages on my Mac" ought to have a link to a support article (I found a LifeWire article that explains the situation nicely at https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-get-text-messages-on-mac-4685314) explaining about forwarding SMS messages from iPhone to Macs.

That is, I searched and found the article for not being able to send/receive any messages at all, but what I wanted was to be able to receive/reply to SMS messages from my iPhone from my Mac.

The user-interface for that (iPhone Settings -> Messages -> Text Message Forwarding -> allow other devices) is very much not obvious. Otherwise, sitting at my Mac, it's a mystery why it doesn't "see" those messages.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jun 26, 2022 8:00 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thanks, Johnathan. My point was that it would be a good idea to have the link you have above on the original page about not being able to send any messages at all (which is what Google gave me when I searched "can't receive text messages Mac".

I know the information is available, but I think adding links to related topics would be helpful. Adding a section "If you can't receive SMS messages" or something like that. That is, the original article should not be separate from the support articles about other kinds of problems with (non-iMessage) messages.

Why is there not a link here to the information about how to forward messages from an iPhone to a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.