Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update accessories in Home app after network password change?

My iPhone is connected to home network. My smart accessories are connected to the network and work using the manufacturer’s app. In Home (the app, NOT Home Pod), 4 accessories are connected and work, but 5 do not respond. How do I fix it - all accessories worked in Home before I changed the network password.

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 10:21 AM

Hello StCindy2,

It may help to try restarting the Wi-Fi router and/or modem that's being used for the network.

If the accessories still are not responding then you may try deleting it from the Home app, and set it up again. To set it up again some accessories will need to be reset to factory settings. The steps for that can vary by accessory so you may wish to check with the manufacturer or the included documentation.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 10:21 AM in response to StCindy2

Hello StCindy2,

It may help to try restarting the Wi-Fi router and/or modem that's being used for the network.

If the accessories still are not responding then you may try deleting it from the Home app, and set it up again. To set it up again some accessories will need to be reset to factory settings. The steps for that can vary by accessory so you may wish to check with the manufacturer or the included documentation.

Cheers.

How do I update accessories in Home app after network password change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.