Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name of my caller ID on an iPhone?

I have an iPhone & I just found out MY whole name comes up when I call someone with an iPhone… it’s NOT the name on my AT&T service bill, so how do I change the name of my caller ID so it does NOT show my full name??

(just realized it’s my Apple ID name)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 2:36 PM

Caller ID credentials are handled strictly by your provider, which is AT&T. You will need to get with AT&T Support to edit/adjust the name associated with the number on your cell phone.

AT&T Wireless supporthttps://www.att.com › support › topic › wireless

3 replies

Jul 3, 2022 11:03 PM in response to Bob Timmons

See Bob, I would believe this to be true IF the name that that is on my ATT bill is the one that popped up on the other person’s phone (I have them each set up with DIFFERENT names)….

I do have to make a CORRECTION: the other person did NOT have an iPhone, it is Samsung w/ T-Mobile. I’m really beginning to worry if my phone has been hacked!!!! Again, how is it that my APPLE ID Name pops up as caller ID name on someone else’s phone??

I even have a friend with Samsungs, asked her to delete my contact to see what pops up when I call them: ONLY my phone number popped up; NO name. So is my iPhone hacked now???? Seriously how can I tell?

How do I change the name of my caller ID on an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.